Get your Home Prepped and Ready for the Fall Months Ahead
Let Lamco Plumbing Help you with Seasonal Home Maintenance in Decatur, Madison, Huntsville, Hartselle, Athens and Surrounding Areas
As the weather continues to change as we transition into fall, getting a heating system tune up to get ready for winter isn’t the only thing that people need to worry about. What many homeowners don’t know is that your plumbing system also needs some TLC to make sure your home is in tip-top shape and is ready to perform at maximum efficiency when needed. At Lamco Plumbing, we know that home maintenance is important to avoid costly and unnecessary repairs, increase energy efficiency to lower utility bills, maximize the lifespan of your plumbing products and home appliances and to safeguard your home and family from health and safety dangers.
Start With the Outside:
- Look out for drips, leaks and more: Check your faucets for drips and leaks to reduce the amount of water and energy being wasted at your residence. Unhook your hose and drain it out if you are finished with it for the season. If not, check your hose, sprinkler, pool gear and other outdoor equipment. They won’t fix themselves! And to avoid large leaks and major problems in the springtime, take care of your minor problems right away.
- Clean out your gutters and downspouts: A lot of unwanted materials like twigs, leaves and nests can build up in your gutters and block your exterior downspouts. If we hit a pattern of moderate to heavy rain, it is important for the rainwater to have a clear pathway to make sure it drains appropriately.
Don’t Forget about the Inside:
- Give your Water Heater some Attention: It is the perfect time of the year for routine maintenance and to make sure that your water heater is working to its maximum efficiency. Check the pressure valve on your water heater to make sure too much pressure isn’t trapped inside. If there is, serious damages can occur. Flush your water heater tank to remove all of the debris that is trapped inside that can lead to poor performance. Sediment builds up inside your water heater tank and this means that it must work much harder to achieve the desired results. Your energy efficiency will drop drastically while your utility bills increase. For more details on how to improve your water heater’s performance, Contact Us today or check out our Water Heater Service page.
- Check the Settings on your Thermostat: If your home has an automated thermostat, monitor your settings and temperature controls. You won’t need the temperature as high as you had it set during the hot summer months. Your comfort is important but so is conserving energy. Don’t be wasteful! If you don’t have a programmable thermostat, consider purchasing one. When programmed properly, one can save you about $180 a year in energy costs.
- Get your Sump Pump Ready: If your sump pump discharge line runs underground outside, consider having it relocated. This can lead to a clogs and can cause your pump to fail. Also, when it gets cold, often times sump pumps can freeze. If we encounter excess water in the area at any given time this could lead to flooding. A backup sump pump is recommended just in case you ever lose power or your sump pump has stopped working. It will automatically click on to avoid a water disaster in your home. If you need any sump pump repairs, fall is the perfect time to do take care of them. Annual cleaning and monitoring is recommended so get it out of the way so you won’t have to worry about it until next season! Fall is the perfect time for sump pump maintenance.
Make sure you are ready for the fall! At Lamco Plumbing, we are here to assist you with any plumbing repairs, installations or tune ups for all of your plumbing products. Check out the Plumbing Services that we offer and count on Lamco Plumbing for all of your plumbing needs in Decatur, Madison, Huntsville, Hartselle, Athens and surrounding areas.